Finnish architect, born in 1936 in Helsinki. He studied architecture at the University of technology in his hometown between 1954 and 1963. Engaging in practical studies of Osmo Sipari, Osmo Lappo and others during the years 1956 and 1963.
Working as a professor at the University of technology between 1963 and 1965.Abre his own Studio in 1963, in which collaborate E. Juutilainen, K. Mikkola, J. Pallasmaa, and R. Lahtinen, among others.In 1973 he began his collaboration with the Finnish Architects T. and K. Gullichsen Vormala, who continues to work.Gets in 1978 the national prize of architecture of Finland and in 1984 the annual award of metallic construction. Among its production include: a shopping centre and Itäkeskus in Helsinki (1983-1987), Office Tower along with T. Vormala, H. Mäkinen and K. Koskinen, among others. A fire station in Espoo (1986-1991), along with T. Patomo and N. Davies, or a building for sale and distribution of cars Veho Auto-City in Espoo (1987-1991), in collaboration with T. Vormala, and T. Saarelainen, among others.
COLIN ST. JOHN WILSON-Gullichsen/Kairamo/Vormala. Editorial Gustavo Gili, S.A.